For the last 18 months I have posted everyday on my Instagram and Facebook which led to someone asking me, "Why do you post so much about working out and eating healthy?". My initial thought was, "You're really asking me that? Isn't it obvious?". But I took a second and answered the following:
1) I own CrossFit Be Someone and I want it to be successful.
2) If I want people talking about CrossFit Be Someone, I better make sure I lead the way.
3) I hope my message helps people whether they are members or not.
4) Excuse my language but I believe the shit out of what we do in CrossFit Be Someone whether it is in person or online.
Let's dissect those answers.
1) How am I supposed to build "The greatest and most influential gym" (our vision statement) without speaking about it? I want CFBS to experience a tremendous deal of success. If it is, that means our coaches are experiencing success. That also means our members are experiencing success. All of our success is tied together so I better be out there consistently talking about how we can help and why health and fitness is the key to life. And at the end of the day, as the owner of CFBS, I didn't purchase this gym with the vision of struggling. I purchased this gym with the belief that it would turn into something great!
2) It'll be very hard for me to ask a coach or a member to talk to their friends and/or family member or post about CFBS if they know I rarely do. Word of mouth is still the most powerful marketing tool there is. The best is in person conversations but I'll be honest, I don't talk to everyone I follow in social media in person daily or weekly. So the best way for them to hear my message is through social media. So let me take this time to ask, is there a friend or family member who you believe will benefit from us? Tell them, share your story on social media for me. Share their information with me and I'll talk to them.
3) My message is meant to help everyone. Even as a member, hearing the message or reading the message again is good for you. Think about how many things we see or read on social media or anywhere else that can take you away from what it is you're trying to accomplish. We live in a world that is filled with distractions, my hope is that my message reminds you about you (your health).
4) I know one thing for sure is this, we know what the hell we are doing in CFBS. I know my coaches care and they work on their craft. I know we work to becoming better to continue to provide a great product to our members. There is a certain standard that we operate within CFBS to ensure our members receive what we told them they would. We believe in all of our programs and the purpose behind them. Mostly, we believe in our vision statement, mission statement and core values.